Monday 20 October 2014

Slow Progress


Unfortunately, I have been quite ill this week, and feel like I really haven’t hit my stride with drawing. In an attempt to be experimental, I tried to develop some bigger more close up recreations of the wavy lines using a mixture of paint, crayon, ink and collage. I feel these drawings came out a bit too eclectic and although studying the colours within the pictures more carefully has proven helpful, I feel the drawings I have created are a bit sloppy and not substantial enough.

After this I have taken a different approach back in my sketchbook mainly using inks to create the vivid colours and some of the lines. I don’t feel I have really produced enough work this week, so I’m motivated for next week to be more productive. Having spoken to my tutor I feel like I have more ideas for producing more interesting and refined drawings and hope to be ready to start producing samples after Monday’s tutorial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment