Tuesday 4 November 2014

Starting Samples


Having created some much more interesting drawings carrying the feel of a “collection”, for the first time on this course I feel comfortable with my drawings and am actually proud of what I have produced and am looking forward to making more. As a result of this new found confidence I have attempted some pretty amateur samples. 



The only embroidery based unit I have completed so far is a quilting project in Unit X last year, so my knowledge of embroidery techniques and machine inductions are very limited. However I’ve had a go and have been given useful feedback on my current samples as well as a timetable of inductions into the machine rooms so that I can more accurately translate my drawings into samples. 



I also need to start thinking about my context in order to help my decision making processes. So far I feel my work would be best suited to Fashion or Interiors. In either case I think they’d have to be for very unique or one off pieces as I have a very bright colour palette that would become quite over powering in large doses. 
Here are some artists that I’m looking at for inspiration: 
Vivienne Westwood: 


Park B. Smith: 


No comments:

Post a Comment