Saturday 22 November 2014

Evaluation Blog

This unit I feel I have really taken risks and experimented. I have learnt lots of techniques on new machines and tried to use them in creative ways to translate my drawings into fabrics. My main evidence of this is my set of experimental samples, that I felt were too big and textural to correctly represent the qualities of my drawings. 
At first I struggled to find an under pinning concept due to the variety of drawings I produced in response to songs but I feel that once I had settled for one idea, I manipulated it, and explored it visually enough to underpin m y practice.
This project has definitely helped me experience the refinement and development of my work which I feel is evident through my sketchbook. I started off with very scattered drawings, unable to settle on a style or media, and slowly whittled it down to a collection. I then produced some very varied samples based on this collection of drawings before choosing a focus and creating samples to fit. 
I feel that I have done research on context and found that my fabrics would be appropriate for fashion or interiors. This research helped inform decisions such as fabric choice (stretch denim, satins and silks) and my colour palette (balancing the bold colours with a monochrome background). 
Finally in this project I feel that I have managed to create links between the my visual research, the fashion/interiors context and the different processes by which I produced my samples. 
These are some images of my final samples: 





1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful textiles and patterns. I've also nominated you for Liebster Award, drop by my blog to find out!

    Ana
    http://analyn-razon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete